Friday, April 22, 2011

Quick Quotes Design Team Entry

Hi there, it's me Monica!!  Today I am going to share my entries for the Quick Quotes Design team. 
My first selection is one of my favorite projects.  I call it  Once Upon A Springtime.  This album features papers from the Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime line.  I love the sweet fairies. On the album front I embellished the flowers using Flower Soft.  I blended the colors for just the right shade.  One of my other favorite things about this album was the use of envelopes and tags.  I also did a lot of detail cutting ;)  either you love cutting or you hate doing it...
Detail cutting and tags some of my favorite things :)

Hand made envelopes with what else tags!

Next is a layout  that features a Quick Quotes  Dogs Rules.  I think it is particularly appropriate if you know our dogs.  They only beg from Roy, never me.  This is a photo I took shortly after Logan joined our family.  We were having a very casual evening after a long days work outside and my husband Roy decided that it was time to explain the Dogs Rules.  I love that he has every ones attention

Yes, when this photo was taken we had 4 dogs.  Sadly, Spanky has since passed over the
rainbow bridge...
                                                                                                                                                                      
My third choice is a bird house I designed and built using foam core and Echo Park paper.
It features a woven roof using May Arts silk ribbon.  The roofs trim and all of the flowers were designed using May Arts ribbon.
                                                                                    


My favorite little addition is the artful sticks (technical term) found in our yard.  I like the way the moss adds more texture to the house.
Last but not least is another Graphic 45 project.  I knew the first time that I saw this line of paper that it had to be a vintage travel case. 
                                                                                                                


I also included a mini album inside of the case, to document my travels.

Places for photos and memorabilia.
I hope you have enjoyed today's preview of a few of my projects.  Tomorrow is another busy day, with a class to teach at the toad. I will post photos next week.  This class features several techniques. Perfect Pearls, Copic Markers and making our own hand textured flowers using   cardstock.                                                                                                                                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment